What is a tattoo convention?
Can I get Tattooed at the Festival?
A tattoo convention is a festival for tattoo enthusiasts, as well as anyone who wishes to see the world of tattooing up close. In addition having the chance to get tattooed at the event there are also many contests, scheduled entertainment through out all three days, tattoo and piercing related vendors and exhibitions in addition to a slew of beach parties. There is something for everyone in Asbury Park at the Visionary Tattoo Arts Festival! Get tattooed and party on the beach with us this summer!
Yes! Over 250 tattoo artists will be tattooing live at the festival from around the world. This is your chance to get tattooed by amazing artists not local to New Jersey! Tattoo artists will be taking walkup's at the convention or you can arrange an appointment in advance for the convention. Check our our Tattoo Artists Page for a list of all artist's working the show. Click an image to be routed to the artists websites to contact them directly!
How Old do I have to be to get tattooed or Pierced at the show?
You must be 18 years old at a minimum to get tattooed at the convention. We cannot tattoo or pierce minors with parental consent at the festival. You must bring a valid and current government issued ID with you to get tattooed.
How much are tattoos at the show?
Tattoo pricing will vary and differ between artists working the convention. Pricing is based on tattoo size, placement, level of detail and other factors. Admission to the festival is seperate from the price of getting a tattoo at the show.
How much is Admission?
When do doors open?
How can I get a booth?
How do I take care of my new tattoo?
Day passes for the show are $20 per day. Weekend passes for the show are $40. Kids under 12 are free!
Hours are Friday 2pm-12am, Saturday 12pm-12am and Sunday 12pm-8pm.
You can download a booth application. All required booths are subject to approval and all requested documents must be included with an application to be considered.
Steps to take care of a new tattoo -
- After three hours remove the bandage. Do not re-bandage your tattoo once the bandage is removed.
- Use an unscented antibacterial soap twice a day to gently wash your tattoo. Allow tattoo air dry.
- With clean hands, thinly apply Aquaphor ointment. Through out the first three-five days of healing, apply ointment twice a day to your clean tattoo.
- After three-five days switch to an unscented sensitive skin lotion such as Lubriderm. Apply the lotion three times a day for the next two weeks.
- Let your tattoo peel or flake naturally. Do not pick, itch, scratch your tattoo while it is healing.
- Do not soak the tattoo for two weeks - this includes swimming, taking a bath, hot tubs or saunas.
- Allow your new tattoo to breathe as much as possible.
- Do not allow direct sunlight on your new tattoo for the first three weeks. Do not apply sunscreen to your new tattoo until it is healed.
- Once your new tattoo is healed completely, apply 50 SPF sunblock or more to your tattoo whenever exposed to the sun.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your tattoo is healing, please contact us for further instruction.